Meet Logan, Our CFO+COO

Logan Metcalf

I’m super excited to introduce you to our newest member of the Brains on Fire tribe, Logan Metcalfe. So jazzed in fact that I am introducing him before we even have a chance to get his bio on our website. I’ve always found this position to be critical to a growing company. As many of you who run companies know, this is a position that requires enormous trust and mutual respect.

We found him on Twitter.

Yup. Remember that tweet looking for a super cool, social media savvy CFO type? Lots of you were skeptical. But we found him. Or the the universe helped us find each other.

He actually attended our FIRE session last year. Funny thing about that universe of ours, it always sends you just what you need — when you need it.

Anyway, Logan comes to us by way of New Zealand (one of my favorite places on the planet). He came to states to join Booz Allen, then went to work for a friend of ours at Immaculate Baking for the last 5 1/2 years. They are now based in Boston instead of Greenvegas, hence the career move. And get this, he and his wife raise chickens — in the city. Yup.

So here’s what Logan has to say about his decision to join Brains on Fire:
“There are too many organizations in the world with blah, blah identities that fail to connect with the people around them. Brains on Fire is changing this one organization at a time – working with clients to create inspired identities and igniting movements of passionate fans. I’m super excited to join this tribe of talented, creative individuals and, in my own little way, help them change the world.”

A man of few words. But he know his numbers.

So, drop in and say hello, will ya?

10 Responses to “Meet Logan, Our CFO+COO”

1. March 30, 2010 at 6:50 am, Chris Rackley said:

Congratulations, Logan! I’m sure you’ll love it!

One word of advice: If you’re in the media room and Jack Welch hands you a bottle of soda – DON’T OPEN IT.

Trust me on this one…

2. March 30, 2010 at 7:49 am, Jillian Koeneman said:

Congrats on your new gig Logan. Based on what I know about Brains on Fire you will be wonderfully challenged and fulfilled in your new role. Looking forward to reading more about you and your wonderful agency.

3. March 30, 2010 at 7:51 am, Eric said:

“Raise chickens in the city” — well that makes you one of us without a question. Welcome aboard dude!

4. March 30, 2010 at 7:53 am, Rob said:

Welcome to Greenville, Logan. I think you’re going to enjoy the new environments!

5. March 30, 2010 at 9:12 am, Alexis said:

Welcome to the tribe Logan!
    They told you about the introductory tribal ceremony right?
    We’ll be needing some of your chickens.

6. March 30, 2010 at 12:28 pm, Eric said:

We’ll also be needing a lot of tribal paints too…can we get some of that petty cash, Logan?

7. March 30, 2010 at 12:52 pm, Carol (Mum) Metcalfe said:

We are sorry such a talented Kiwi has left our shores but thrilled you have found this talented man for your tribe.
    He will definitely be an asset to your ‘Whanau’

8. March 30, 2010 at 1:10 pm, Robbin said:

Mum Metcalfe, So nice of you to show up.

Already earning his keep around here. Just showed me a financial tracking/forecasting chart that made me do a little dance!

9. March 30, 2010 at 6:37 pm, kamran popkin said:

A hearty welcome to ya, Logan!
    You had me at raising chickens.

ps- Do you fish? prof.dr. Eric can teach ya.
    Fish fear him.
    Chickens fear me.

10. March 31, 2010 at 5:27 am, Jonathan Saar said:

Good morning Logan. Welcome to the team. I am a huge fan now of Brains on Fire and of Geno Church after having the privilege of meeting him at #optsum. I look forward to seeing what will do for the company. All the best to you in your new position.