A Few Days in the Firesphere

A Few Days In The Firesphere from Shannon Kohn on Vimeo.

What started out as an idea to create and share a video of one of our BOF Monday morning “family” meetings, quickly morphed into the “slice of life from inside the Firesphere” video you see above this post. Truth be told, I’m still in love with my latest time-lapse video iPhone app download, and enjoyed a little more creative exploration utilizing it over the past two weeks!

Meetings. Meals. Monumentally cool people (ok, I pushed a little for the alliteration on that one, but the folks I work with are truly some of the most monumentally cool people in the world). There’s also a little visual awesomeness and some interesting objects from around the office thrown in there for good measure. Slice of life, yo!

Oh, and a humongous THANK YOU for hanging out with us and sharing your thoughts here on the BOF blog, on Twitter and on Facebook. YOU GUYS ROCK!

Shannon Kohn Shannon Kohn is the Velvet Hammer at Brains on Fire. Meet her here.

10 Responses to “A Few Days in the Firesphere”

1. March 06, 2013 at 9:27 am, Justin said:

Nice work Shannon!

• March 06, 2013 at 10:36 am, Shannon Kohn said:

I really appreciate that, coming from one of the most creative dudes I know, Justin! Hope your day is groovy! :-)

2. March 06, 2013 at 9:37 am, -=W=- said:

Very cool timelapse Shannon. I added Orasis to my hoard of apps since your App-y Thursday post. YOU guys rock!

• March 06, 2013 at 10:35 am, Shannon Kohn said:

Hey there, -=W=-! Thanks for leaving us another awesome comment! I downloaded a cool app called “Stop Motion Studio” last week, but I haven’t had the chance to use it yet. Excited to start! Heading over to the app store to check out Orasis now! :-)

• March 07, 2013 at 10:17 am, -=W=- said:

That one is on my wishlist! I have “OSnap” and it has lots of interesting features, like a daily photo template. They recently added the ability to run the animation backwards, so you can do things like make a puddle of water form an ice cube.

• March 07, 2013 at 11:05 am, Shannon Kohn said:

Just downloaded OSnap! I like that you can select individual frames for editing/removal…COOL! I have really enjoyed our app sharing. Hope you enjoy your weekend! :-)

3. March 06, 2013 at 11:07 am, libby said:

Super cool stuff!!!!

• March 06, 2013 at 11:22 am, Shannon Kohn said:

Thanks much, Libby! I’ve been having a lot of fun with the video shooting and editing! Kind of like opening a new box of sharp rainbow crayons and sitting down with a mile of blank paper. I’m also learning a little bit about Garage Band, too!

4. March 11, 2013 at 8:44 am, natespain said:

Love it Shannon! You’re so sneaky with that camera :)

• March 12, 2013 at 11:19 am, Shannon Kohn said:

I promise I have moved on from my secret, stealthy video ways, Nathan! I’m on to other creative adventures! You look great in your cameos, though! Now the whole world knows it! :-)