12/6/13 UPDATE: This position has been filled. If you are interested in being considered for future job openings at Brains on Fire, send your resume to JumpOnBoard@BrainsOnFire.com. We’ll give it a gander and be in touch should you be a good fit for future opportunities.
Brains on Fire is on the hunt for a new Community Manager that enjoys interacting and encouraging families of all kinds, and can hold their own in our fast-paced, fun, friendly and client-focused environment. The position is a short-term, full-time contract, with potential for more. We are open to applicants from all walks of life.
The ideal candidate will have some experience in K-12 education and/or customer service arenas, and will come ready to rock our client’s world with an exceptional ability to think strategically and communicate effectively. We’re seeking a detail-oriented, social media aware, multi-tasking smartie who will be comfortable juggling a full plate of responsibilities, including:
• Creating clever and connectable family-focused educational content to share across multiple platforms
• Engaging brand fans in meaningful conversation (online and offline) and discovering amazing ways to reward them for being awesome
• Forming relationships with lead advocates and helping to manage community partners
• Monitoring the pulse of the community and managing the timely triage of opportunities that arise
• Keeping two close eyes (and two open ears) on the growth of the community and reporting that growth via ROI (yes, metrics) and ROC (“return on community”) via anecdotal tidbits and individual member/collective community “wins”
Brains on Fire is home to a small, but passionate team. We stay busy…very busy. This will not be your typical Monday-Friday, 8 to 5 job. Weekend and evening monitoring and engagement will be a regular part of the gig. Candidate must be willing to travel to Greenville, South Carolina for training.
Sound like you? Submit a resume to JumpOnBoard@BrainsOnFire.com.