About the Role
As an Account Executive of Brains on Fire, we expect that you have the expertise to direct the day-to-day execution and management of our client work. You will be responsible for ensuring that our clients' business needs and goals are being met/exceeded by our internal and external teams.
You will be responsible for working with creatives and strategists to set the course for accounts and projects, taking care to understand client and internal needs and making sure we do amazing work and make money.
This role requires a willingness to wear a variety of different hats. You may not be an expert at everything, but you need to be open to learning new things and able to see the world through a number of different lenses and perspectives. You should feel comfortable on set and in the conference room, and capable of advocating for both BOF and the client. You must be a fundamentally nice human people enjoy being around, but are confident enough to speak your mind in a respectful manner that drives us all to do better work for our clients.
Our AEs do way too much to create a finite list of their responsibilities, but here’s a topline look at some things you can expect to find on your plate:
- Learn all aspects of client business
- Understand client goals and objectives
- Build relationships with relevant contacts
- Research industry/market trends and the competitive landscape
- Project manage internal team
- Work with your creative and strategic team members to lead project development and facilitate problem-solving
- Coordinate internal resources needed (like copywriting or photography) and develop workback plans to keep team on-target (week-by-week)
- Input/monitor all task progress in project management software and ensure ongoing compliance with project scope
- Manage client relations
- Serve as the frontline person for all client-facing interactions: meetings, emails, status reports, recaps, agendas, etc.
- Own and distribute all information including plans and proposals, scheduling, costs and timelines to the client and the internal team
- Monitor billing and other financial matters
- Track billing schedules, outside costs, invoices and estimates
Our ideal teammate will also:
- Be service-oriented, seeking to contribute good for our internal culture and in the world. Doing well by doing good is in our DNA. We took measures to become a certified B Corporation in 2017. We challenge our own company to lead by example and uphold the core tenets of environment, employees and community. We hire people we believe share those same core values.
- Be a good person. We hire talented, awesome people.
- Work independently yet thrive in a collaborative environment. Be confident in your skills, but able and willing to check your ego at the door.
- Be able to build and maintain positive, productive relationships with clients and the internal Brains on Fire team. We’re in the people business. We believe building positive internal and external relationships makes us better employees, a stronger agency and happier people all around.
- Demonstrate intelligent thinking, strong organizational skills and an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Be self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines. We’re a tight crew with a hefty client load. We can guarantee you’ll never be bored here, but you will need to know how to keep multiple plates spinning at the same time with a smile and a positive attitude.
- Continue to research, learn and share new practices for our betterment.
Brains on Inclusion:
- We hire great people from a wide breadth of backgrounds, not only because it’s the right thing to do, but also because it makes our work, our company and our communities stronger.
- Brains on Fire is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, national origin or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Sound like you?