About the Role
At Brains on Fire, we are privileged to work with a wide variety of brands and non-profits in a wide range of categories. As a copywriter at Brains on Fire, you’ll be part of bringing our clients’ wildest dreams to life. In this role, you’ll be responsible for dreaming up campaign concepts, key brand messaging and positioning, and helping to execute creative across a number of channels. It goes without saying that you are a skilled writer and storyteller. You understand the difference between good copy and great copy, and are excited to help create the latter.
There are several key attributes to this position. The ideal candidate will:
- You are a voice and tone chameleon. You are able to easily adapt your style and voice across clients and channels.
- Comfort executing at all levels of deliverables, including: scripts, brand messaging, social, OOH, and beyond.
- A strong ability to communicate ideas and concepts to internal teams and clients.
- A strong ability to collaborate with designers, Art Directors and strategists to bring our work to life.
- A proactive, proven ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- An interest in thinking creatively, collaboratively and strategically about how to grow brands. Our writers are an integral part of our creative team, and we expect them to engage and contribute at each step of the process – from insight to strategic development to creative execution.
- Strong cultural interests that keep you on the pulse of emerging technology, art forms, and entertainment.
- Create copy for campaigns, social, scripts, blogs, websites, collateral, presentations and other creative assets.
- Review, proofread and edit copy and creative.
- Work with our internal teams to explore, distill and develop messaging across different client brands and channels, adapting voice and tone as needed.
- Assist in researching voice, tone, messaging and trends across client industries and competitors.
- Audit client communications for efficacy and provide recommendations for improvement, refinement or enhancement.
- Deliver creative concepts and copy that meets brand and creative standards.
- Participate in creative and strategic meetings, brainstorms and ideation sessions, supporting development of expression of brand persona via language and story.
- Craft presentation copy and rationale that supports brand identity and strategic pathways.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in support of the continued success of our agency and clients.
- Experience working with startups and early stage companies is a plus.
Our ideal team member will also:
- Be service-oriented, seeking good for our internal culture and in the world. Doing well by doing good is in our DNA. We took measures to become a certified B Corporation in 2017. We challenge our own company to lead by example and uphold the core tenets of environment, employees and community. We hire people we believe share those same core values.
- Be a good person. We hire talented, awesome people.
- Work independently yet thrive in a collaborative environment. Be confident in your skills, but able and willing to check your ego at the door.
- Be able to build and maintain positive, productive relationships with clients and the internal Brains on Fire team. We’re in the people business. We believe building positive internal and external relationships makes us better employees, a stronger agency and happier people all around.
- Demonstrate intelligent thinking, strong organizational skills and an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Be self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines. We’re a tight crew with a hefty client load. We can guarantee you’ll never be bored here, but you will need to know how to keep multiple plates spinning at the same time with a smile and a positive attitude.
- Continue to research, learn and share new practices for our betterment.
Sound like you?