About the Role
As a Brains on Fire Copywriting Intern, you should be a word-wielding, grammar-loving writer who feels energized and inspired by the thought of being immersed in a mix of creative collaboration and chaos. This is a paid contract position for 20-30 hour per week and will report to our Director of Brand Story. Remote applicants welcome & encouraged to apply!
We are looking for several key attributes in the person who fills this role, including:
- Solid writing and grammar skills, as well as the ability to craft and maintain a consistent voice and tone across different client brands.
- Interest in different writing styles ranging from creative prose to technical descriptions to quippy social content.
- Curiosity about humans and the power of storytelling.
- Strong organizational skills and an eye for detail and accuracy. There are lots of creative writers in the world. Our dream intern is a creative writer with solid proofing and editing chops. (Fondness – or at least familiarity with -- AP style a definite plus.)
- A proactive, proven ability to juggle multiple projects with various deadlines. You’ll have the full support of a seasoned BOFer helping you find your groove as you navigate your internship, but we don’t believe in micromanaging.
- An interest in thinking creatively, collaboratively and strategically about how to grow brands. Our writers are an integral part of our creative team, and we expect them to engage and contribute at each step of the process – from insight research to strategic development to creative execution.
- Willingness to embrace new challenges. Flexibility and adaptability are valued qualities at Brains on Fire. Our days are rarely boring and almost never go exactly according to plan. We don’t expect you to be perfect or know everything, but we want you to feel excited about leaning into new opportunities.
Sound like you?