About the Role
As a Brains on Fire Design Intern, we expect you to be a creative thinker who likes to ask “why” before doing almost anything, but especially when it comes to design. Because you know that the best design is born from meaningful insight. The best design surfaces values and tells stories. The best design isn’t just pretty… the best design guides impact. This position at Brains on Fire is part art, part design, and integral to our client and team success. This is a part time, paid, 20-30 hour per week position that begins in Feb and runs through April 2022.
We are looking for several key attributes in the person who fills this role, including:
- An interest in people. We believe building positive internal and external relationships makes us better employees, a stronger agency and happier humans all around.
- Ability to demonstrate intelligent thinking, strong organizational skills and an eye for detail and accuracy.
- A high level of organization, self-direction and a proactive, proven ability to juggle multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- An interest in thinking creatively, collaboratively and strategically about how to grow brands.
- Willingness to jump in across accounts when needed.
- Ability to create and support concepts, designs, logos, illustrations, presentations, layouts, mockups, etc. as needed across print and digital for new projects, as well as existing client artwork and identity standards under the supervision of an Art Director/Creative Director.
- Ability to manage art files for clients and assist with digital file storage and organization.
- Understanding of professional printing practices and standards.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign).
- Basic knowledge of motion design. AfterEffects or UI/UX is a plus.
Sound like you?