About the Role
As a Brains on Fire Mid-Level (3-5 years experience) to Senior Graphic Designer (5-10 years experience), we expect you to be detail-oriented, visually-minded and comfortable juggling a full plate of multifaceted responsibilities. The position is part art, part science, and integral to client and team success.
There are several key attributes to this position. The ideal candidate will:
- Creatively solve (in a team atmosphere) design and communication problems for the world. Be proactive in problem solving and bringing solutions to the table when questions arise. Essential to your success at BOF. We don’t know all the things all the time. Your job to help troubleshoot and problem solve on the regular within a supportive team.
- Develop concepts and execute design to the satisfaction of Brains on Fire and clients alike.
- Create designs, logos, illustrations, layouts and mockups, etc. as needed for print and digital.
- Create and execute designs based on current client artwork and identity standards under the supervision of an Art Director/Creative Director.
- Create mechanical artwork to required specs, and coordinate with appropriate vendors as needed (photographers, service bureaus, illustrators, printers, web developers, app developers).
- Provide specs and input/request production estimates from vendors.
- Create and assist with client presentations.
- Assist in the coordination of photo sessions, as needed.
- Manage art files for clients.
- Assist with digital file storage and organization.
- Flex with the workday, as the hours can be non-traditional.
- Be a team player, willing to jump in across accounts when needed.
- Love to think strategically about how to creatively grow brands.
- Have a solid understanding of professional printing practices and standards.
- Basic knowledge of motion design, AfterEffects or UI/UX is a HUGE plus
Our ideal team member will also:
- Be service-oriented, seeking good for our internal culture and in the world. Doing well by doing good is in our DNA. We took measures to become a certified B Corporation in 2017. We challenge our own company to lead by example and uphold the core tenets of environment, employees and community. We hire people we believe share those same core values.
- Be a good person. We hire talented, awesome people.
- Work independently yet thrive in a collaborative environment. Be confident in your skills, but able and willing to check your ego at the door.
- Be able to build and maintain positive, productive relationships with clients and the internal Brains on Fire team. We’re in the people business. We believe building positive internal and external relationships makes us better employees, a stronger agency and happier people all around.
- Demonstrate intelligent thinking, strong organizational skills and an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Be self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines. We’re a tight crew with a hefty client load. We can guarantee you’ll never be bored here, but you will need to know how to keep multiple plates spinning at the same time with a smile and a positive attitude.
- Continue to research, learn and share new practices for our betterment.
Our beliefs on diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging:
- We hire great people from a wide breadth of backgrounds, not only because it’s the right thing to do, but also because it makes our work, our company and our communities stronger.
- Don’t meet every single requirement and/or qualification? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Brains, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace where everyone feels a sense of belonging at work; so if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with our job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Brains on Fire is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, national origin or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Sound like you?