About the Role
As a Brains on Fire Mid-Level (3-5 years experience) to Senior UX Designer (5-10 years experience), we expect you to be detail-oriented, visually-minded and comfortable juggling a full plate of multifaceted responsibilities. The position is part art, part science, and integral to client and team success.
There are several key attributes to this position. The ideal candidate will be able to creatively solve (in a team atmosphere) design and communication problems for the world. Be proactive in problem solving and bringing solutions to the table when questions arise. Develop concepts and execute design to the satisfaction of Brains on Fire and clients alike along with consulting with clients to understand their goals and troubleshooting within a supportive team.
The UX designer possesses strong creative, technical, and problem-solving skills. Areas of focus may include content, controls, visual design and development, information architecture, user research, branding, and customer/technical support. Designers must have a solid understanding of graphic design and web technologies, and of wireframing tools such as Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD, along with design programs and tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator.
User Interface (UI) Skills:
- A successful candidate has excellent visual design skills and an understanding of website layout best practices.
- Building the interfaces that connect the users of an application to its back-end processes and data
- Efficiently building websites / apps with ADA compliance top of mind.
- Working closely with a development team to create and improve interactive applications and web pages
- Experience building components within design systems
User Experience (UX) Skills
- Explaining user research results to internal and external stakeholders
- Developing personas and usage scenarios
- Conducting usability testing
- Creating wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows
- Conduct usability tests with prototypes
- Analyzing user feedback and activity, and iterating to enhance the user experience
- Assisting with content development
- Conducting competitor and customer analysis
Our ideal team member will also:
- Be service-oriented, seeking good for our internal culture and in the world. Doing well by doing good is in our DNA. We took measures to become a certified B Corporation in 2017. We challenge our own company to lead by example and uphold the core tenets of environment, employees and community. We hire people we believe share those same core values.
- Be a good person. We hire talented, awesome people.
- Work independently yet thrive in a collaborative environment. Be confident in your skills, but able and willing to check your ego at the door.
- Be able to build and maintain positive, productive relationships with clients and the internal Brains on Fire team. We’re in the people business. We believe building positive internal and external relationships makes us better employees, a stronger agency and happier people all around.
- Demonstrate intelligent thinking, strong organizational skills and an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Be self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines. We’re a tight crew with a hefty client load. We can guarantee you’ll never be bored here, but you will need to know how to keep multiple plates spinning at the same time with a smile and a positive attitude.
- Continue to research, learn and share new practices for our betterment.
Sound like you?