About the Role
The role of Social Media Strategist ensures that our social media and community execution work maintains Brain's standards of excellence while remaining strategically aligned with our client's goals.
It is a high level, hybrid role - one part project management (keeping content + strategy rolling as the execution contract moves along), and one part creative (staying flexible + nimble, forward thinking, and pushing the team and the client to think bigger). This role is an imperative pivot point between Creative and Social, and an effective Strategist directs both teams in order to execute high quality outcomes.
Communication is highly important when it comes to this role, as the Social Media Strategist is often the direct representative of Brains on Fire to our Clients' social contacts - this is a unique responsibility, and every interaction this role has with the client should reflect the values of Brains on Fire.
There are several key attributes to this position. The ideal candidate:
- has a minimum of three years experience running social strategies for brands
- has experience managing social strategies for fast paced D2C and/or CPG brands
- is proficient in developing and running strategies across all social platforms, especially Instagram and TikTok
- has built and run influencer and/or creator programs for brands
- has managed social giveaway partnerships for brands
- is organized, self-directed and proactive
- has experience leading others, especially designers and social specialists
- is comfortable analyzing and communicating metrics to clients
- is confident in a collaborative, client-facing environment
- is a team player, willing to jump in across accounts when needed.
- loves to think strategically about how to creatively grow brands
Our ideal team member will also:
- Be service-oriented, seeking good for our internal culture and in the world.
- Work independently yet thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Be able to build and maintain positive, productive relationships with clients and the internal Brains on Fire team.
- Demonstrate intelligent thinking, strong organizational skills and an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Be self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Continue to research, learn and share new practices for our betterment.
Brains on inclusion:
- We hire great people from a wide breadth of backgrounds, not only because it’s the right thing to do, but also because it makes our work, our company and our communities stronger.
- Brains on Fire is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, national origin or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Sound like you?